Certified Legal Nurse Consultant
What is a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant?
A Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (CLNC®) is a Registered Nurse who has completed the extensive education program provided by the Vicki Milazzo Institute.
The Registered Nurse who has attained the highly regarded CLNC® has specialized knowledge to consult on medical and healthcare related issues. The CLNC® certification is the official certification of the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants (NACLNC®).
Legal Nurse Consultants that work with MVLNC are Registered Nurses that have obtained the Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (CM)(CLNC®).
CLNC®services include but are not limited to:
- Screen or investigate cases for merit..
- Organize and summarize medical records.
- Define applicable standards of care.
- Define deviations from and adherences to applicable standards of care.
- Assess alleged damages and/or injuries and identify contributing factors.
- Identify potential defendants.
- Identify and locate potential testifying experts.
- Medical research and literature review.
- Develop comprehensive medical review and analysis.
- Assist with preparing demonstrative evidence.
- Prepare and review interrogatories related to healthcare issues.
- Attend and prepare questions for depositions, trials, arbitration and mediation hearings.
- Provide healthcare facility consultation and liaison services.
- IME Attend & Report
Why Use a Registered Nurse CLNC®
Registered Nurses have in-depth knowledge of medical records, clinical standards and healthcare system operations, and regulations. Registered Nurses understand the multidisciplinary approach to care and therefore are an efficient, cost effective, knowledgeable resource to add to your team.